Last modified: March 27, 2018
GoFire, Inc. ("Company", "our", "we" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use our proprietary smart dosing system ("System") which includes: the GoFire Vaporizer ("Vaporizer"), access to and use of our mobile application ("Mobile App") and access to and use of our website located at www.gofire.co, ("Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website and Mobile App.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Website or Mobile App.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website or Mobile App, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website or Mobile App.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party website or mobile applications and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or mobile application operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website or Mobile App.
Under the Age of 18
Our Website and Mobile App are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or Mobile App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or Mobile App or on or through any of its features/register on the Website or Mobile App, make any purchases through the Website or Mobile App, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or Mobile App or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website or Mobile App, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, address, email address, telephone number(s), date of birth, race, sex and information the System records such as the frequency, time and (if you choose to utilize the Mobile App on your mobile device) location of your use of the Vaporizer and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website or Mobile App and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website or Mobile App may include:
- Information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Mobile App, subscribing to a service offered by us, posting material, using the System or requesting other services, which may include but is not limited to personal information, as defined above. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website or Mobile App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website or Mobile App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website or Mobile App.
- Your search queries on the Website or Mobile App.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website or Mobile App, or transmitted to other users of the Website or Mobile App or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or Mobile App with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website or Mobile App, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website or Mobile App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website or Mobile App.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website or Mobile App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website or Mobile App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website or Mobile App.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website or Mobile App may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website or Mobile App. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website or Mobile App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website or Mobile App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website or Mobile App content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and Mobile App and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or Mobile App or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website or Mobile App.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of GoFire, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GoFire, Inc. about our Website or Mobile App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website or Mobile App, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions for the Online Sale of Goods and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GoFire, Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or at any other time by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also send us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI’s Website or Mobile App.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website or Mobile App, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website or Mobile App users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website or Mobile App, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions for the Online Sale of Goods.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website or Mobile App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: GoFire, Inc., [INSERT ADDRESS].
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All credit card information you provide when interacting with the Website or Mobile App will be with a third party payment processor that will store such information on secure servers behind firewalls and not with Us. Payment transactions will be encrypted by our payment processor.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or Mobile App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website or Mobile App like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website or Mobile App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website or Mobile App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Mobile App.